Harry P. Cavers was born in St. Catharines, the son of Harry A. and Laura Mabel Cavers on December 27th, 1909. He attended the St. Catharines Collegiate Institute and continued to study at the University of Toronto and Osgoode Hall, graduating in 1935. He returned to St. Catharines and practiced law until joining the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve in World War II, where he rose to rank of lieutenant and served until 1945.
Following the war, he returned to practice law, and the firm Cavers, Chown and Cairns opened in 1957. Harry was appointed to county court judge for Dufferin County in 1964, and then as a supernumerary judge for St. Catharines until his retirement in 1984.
Judge Cavers served as Lincoln’s Member of Parliament between 1949-1957. He was involved in several organizations during his lifetime, including the Masonic Lodge, the Royal Canadian Legion, and the St. Catharines Kiwanis Club. He married the former Dorothy Alma Bastedo, and they had one daughter together, Dorothy Anne. Harry died on December 12th, 1995 after a long illness.