We are very pleased to again welcome visitors safely to our facility.
The St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre, including the Lock 3 Viewing Platform, along with other City of St. Catharines recreational facilities will reopen with a focus on balancing public health, community impact, and feasibility. The facility will continue to be closed intermittently throughout the day for enhanced cleaning.
The public is reminded that COVID-19 continues to pose a threat to the health of the community and as such masks should continue to be worn alongside the continuation of hand washing and physical distancing.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with our updated operations to ensure all visitors have the best and safe experience at our facility.
- The Museum and Lock 3 Viewing Platform is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Lock 3 Viewing Platform will only be accessible through the building.
- Screening is required for all visitors entering our facility.
- Masks or face-coverings will be required on the grounds.
- We will be closed at times throughout the day to accommodate enhanced cleaning.
- All visitors will be encouraged to wash hands frequently and we will have hand sanitizer stations readily available throughout our site.
Visit our website for more details.
New at the St. Catharines Museum!
Over the past year, we’ve implemented exciting changes to the Museum Lobby and Galleries. This is all part of our Interpretive Plan, set to be completed in 2025. Be sure to watch our new Welland Canals Video in our Lobby Gallery, explore the new Welland Canals Gallery, and read the new interpretation panels installed on the Lock 3 Viewing Platform!
Learn more about our current temporary exhibitions here.
The Museum will continue to offer free virtual programming across the blog, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Check out all of our online channels for all sorts of fun, history-based content!
See you soon at #StCMuseum! 👋