Frank Edward Poynton was the son of Mr. and Mrs. F. Poynton of 20 Tame Road, Witton, Birmingham, England. Frank Poynton was the first employee of the Lightening Fastener Company and worked there for 41 years. He came to Canada in August 1924 from the Kynok Division of Canadian Industries Limited of Birmingham, England and started to form the Lightning Fastener Company Limited in Brownsburg, Quebec. In December 1924, he was named the President and General Manager of the company. In July 1925 Kynok Ltd. shares were sold to Gideon Sundback and the company was moved to St. Catharines with Sundback as the President and Poynton as Secretary Treasurer. He held this position until he retired in March 1965. He was also elected to the Board of Directors of the Lightning Fastener Company Limited in February 1958, a post he held until his death in July 1969. Frank married Miss Hilda Eleanor Mathieson, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Mathieson of 33 Salisbury Road, Birmingham, England, on June 10, 1926 at St. George’s Church, St. Catharines, ON by Reverend C.E. Riley. Together they had a daughter, named Barbara who was born on May 19, 1927.
Frank and Hilda Poynton lived at 28 Dacotah Street in 1926-27 then moved to 37 Louisa Street where they lived until 1933 when they moved to 60 St. Patrick where they lived until 1938 when they moved to their last home at 172 Geneva Street.
Hilda Poynton continued to live at the house located at 172 Geneva Street and is listed as a widow in the City directories. She died in late 1988 or 1989.