The St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canal Centre is very pleased to welcome visitors safely to our facility. We have made the following changes to ensure your visit is enjoyable and safe:
- The Museum and Lock 3 Viewing Platform is open by timed entry only. You must call ahead to book a visit time. Please call the Museum at 905-984-8880 to book your entry time. There will be four entry times throughout the day:
- 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Lock 3 Viewing Platform will only be accessible through the building.
- Masks or face-coverings will be required on the grounds.
- We will be closed at times throughout the day to accommodate enhanced cleaning.
- All visitors will be encouraged to wash hands frequently and we will have hand sanitizer stations readily available throughout our site.
- For when the Niagara Public Health unit is placed in Red-Control level of the Province’s Response Framework, the Museum will be open to visitors Wednesdays to Sundays only (closed Mondays and Tuesday).
We invite you to view this helpful “What to Expect” video before you come to visit. It will guide you through the steps we have taken to help everyone stay safe! See you soon!
The Museum will continue to offer free virtual programming across the blog, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Check out all of our online channels for all sorts of fun, history-based content!